október 5 - 12:00 de.End:
október 6 - 11:00 du.Event Category:
Hajógyári-szigeti pálya, Budapest, Hajógyári sziget, 1033 Magyarország
Hajógyári-szigeti pálya, Budapest, Hajógyári sziget, 1033 Magyarország
Dear Disc Golf Friends!
Welcome to the info site of the 2019 Budapest Disc Golf Open – 3PT Tour, October 5-6, 2019. While being a standalone C-tier event, this is also the final stop of the 2019 3PT Tour, and as such the tour champions will also be crowned here.
This page should give you all the information you need to know about the tournament, but in case you feel that something is missing, then please get in touch with the TD.
Please note that the tournament also has a Facebook page, it will also be used to share info about the tournament.
We do hope to see you in Budapest!
How do i register, what is the capacity of the tournament and where do i find the list of players?
You can register to the tournament through filling out this external google form. Registration to the tournament is open until October 2, 23:59:59. Players missing this deadline should directly contact the TD, and their request will be handled on an individual basis.
Registration to the tournament is available on a first-come-first served basis, the capacity is 72 players, with 5 of them being reserved as wildcard spots.
The list of registered players is found on the official PDGA event site of the tournament. We will update this page every day (or every second day).
The tournament is part of the 3PT Tour, according to the standards of this tour the divisions available at this tournament will be MPO, FPO, MJ18 and FJ18, there will be no other age protected divisions.
The Course, how to get there
Course description, course map
Despite our heroic efforts at trying to convince the city of Budapest of installing a permanent course in this park, the Budapest Disc Golf Open course is still only a temporary one. The course is located on the Hajógyári (Óbudai) – Island in Budapest, and this google map link is showing you the exact location of where the Players’ Meeting will be held.
The course total par is 62, and here are a few important things to know about it:
- most likely the course will be exactly the same as last year, but we will not know this until early September. The island is also home to one of the largest musical festivals in Europe, and it is only at the beginning of September that we’ll see how much “course maintenance” was made by the roughly 250.000 visitors of the festival
- if you have been at this tournament before, then you will know that people walking their dogs is not a rare sight on the island. We will put out signs warning people about the tournament, we will also post on the facebook page of the dog walker community about the tournament, but there is a chance that you will still meet dog walkers. Please be patient with them, and explain them what you’re doing
- There are unfortunately no public toilets on the island. There will be toilets to use during lunch in the lunch building, and there is also a kayak club by the teepad of hole #1, you can use the toilets of this facility
- the course has fairly open but tight fairways, OBs, low ceiling shots and long crushes, technical shorter holes, and no water hazards (even though this is an island). The course record on this particular set-up is 8 under par (held by several people), this is the one to beat
Getting there by car
You can drive up all the way until the Players’ Meeting spot. Please use the graveled area for parking around the Players’ Meeting pavilon, and please DO NOT park on anything that looks even remotely like grass or dirt, and definitely DO NOT park in the bus turning area. There are officials controlling the parking and you can end up having to pay a fine or even have your car towed away.
By public transport
The best way to access the island is by taking H5 / M5 suburban train (green train) running between “Batthyány tér” and “Békásmegyer” stops, and getting off at “Filatorigát”. From this station the island is a 5 minute walk, and the Players’ Meeting pavilon is roughly 15 minutes walk.
There is also a bus that takes you straight to the PM spot, but they change to their winter schedules on October 1, so currently we do not know if this will be operating at all from October. Once we have more info on this, we will post it on the FB page of the tournament.
As this tournament is being held in a European capital city, with thousands of accomodation options, we will not organize anything centrally, just rely on players to do their own bookings. Nevertheless, here are two things to keep in mind:
- it may be a good idea to try to find something on the Buda (west) side of the river, as the island is a bit easier to access from there, but if you only find things in Pest, do not worry about that. There will be no other events in the city that we know of that would cause traffic issues on the tournament weekend, so staying in Pest should also be okay..
- we are happy to give some insider tips about what areas are cool, silent, chill, party, etc to stay in
Food and beverages
Included in the players’ fee, players will receive:
- snacks for the tournament rounds (fruits, musli bars)
- a lunch on both tournament days – please indicate your eating preferences on the registration sheet
Other than this, players should take care of their own food. Note that there is a kayak club by the teepad of hole #1, and it has a bar where you can buy proper sandwiches, food and drinks. The bar should be open during the tournament.
Tournament fee, payment details
The tournament fee is 12.000,- HUF (equalling to roughly 37 EUR).
The fee is payable latest until October 2 to the following bank account
Account holder: Kanyon Disc Golf Sportegyesület
Bank name: Magnet Bank
As we are still experiencing inconveniences about the payments, please note the followings:
- you will need to make sure that we receive exactly 12.000,- HUF on our bank account, and our bank is not charging us for the conversion/transfer fees
- we know from experience that normal bank transfers from a non-hungarian non-HUF acount to a hungarian HUF account can have ridiculously high conversion/transfer fees. As such we really do recommend using a 21st century money transfer web service such as XE, Transferwise, or Azimo for instance (there are many more on the internet)
Friday, October 4
from around 12:00 (but most likely already before that) the course will be ready for practice
Saturday, October 5
07:45 – 08:30 Mandatory players check-in by the Players’ Meeting pavioln
08:30 Players Meeting for the whole tournament, no more PM’s in regular rounds.
cca. 09:10 Tee-off Round 1
cca. 12:30 Lunch break, lunch is being brought to the tournament tent
cca. 13:30 score card pick up. The first person in each flight is responsible for both picking-up and returning the scores.
cca. 14:00 Tee-off Round 2, when we publish the flights for the second round, the exact starting time will also be announced
08:30 score card pick up. The first person in each flight is responsible for both picking-up and returning the scores.
09:00 Tee-off Round 3
cca 12:20 lunch break, lunch is being brought to the site
cca. 13:30 Players’ meeting for the finals
cca 14:00 Finals – we will have a total of 9 flights for the finals, allowing 36 people to play. Preliminary numbers for final participants (may change depending on how many players register in each division): 28 MPO, 4 FPO, 2 MJ18, 2 FJ18
cca. 16:00 Prize ceremony
The deadline for both registration and the payment of the fees is October 2, 23:59:59. Players who haven’t paid their fees until September 27 will all get a reminder to pay. If you do not pay your fees in time, the TD reserves the right to remove you from the list of players and offer your place to someone on the waiting list.
Contact the TD for any questions
Please contact the TD for any questions related to the tournament.
Dani Hatvani – firstname.lastname@example.org – +36307775610