július 27 - 08:00 de.End:
július 28 - 04:00 du.Event Category:
Őrség Disc Golf Open – 3PT Tour 2019
Dear Disc Golf Friends!
Welcome to the 10th anniversary edition of Őrség Open! The tournament this year is part of the 3PT Tour series. This website should have all the information you need about the tournament, but if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Due to some experiences from the past, we have made a few organisational changes this year, so please make sure you read all the information here.
How do i register, and where do i find the list of players?
Registration to the tournament is through this external Google Form.
The list of those players who have registered to the tournament and also paid their fees is found on the official PDGA event site of the tournament. We will update this page every day (or every second day), which means that once you have paid for the tournament, your name should appear on the PDGA event page within 1-2 days.
The tournament can host 72 people, with 5 places being reserved for wild-cards.
The Course, how to get there
The tournament course is unfortunately a temporary one. It is located in the heart of the Őrség National Park, a cultural and natural heritage site in Hungary. The national park is relatively large, however the hosting village of the event shall be the “capital” of the Őrség region, Őriszentpéter. On this Google Map you will find the exact location of both the course and the main accomodation that is also a kind of tournament center, as most of the players will stay here and the saturday evening event will also be held here.
The PAR60 course offers tight OB lines, elevation changes, wooded holes and wide fairways at the same time. A map of the course can be downloaded from here.
We will set up a players’ tent at the course with enough benches inside to sit all players. This will also be the location of players’ meeting and lunch will also be served here.
Accomodation and tournament center
It is not mandatory for players to stay here, but it is definitely highly recommended, as staying together at this campsite is definitely an attractive feature of the tournament.
The place offers the following types of accomodations:
- camping in your own tent for 8 EUR / night person plus local tax (roughly 1 EUR) – the camping has well equipped common shower and kitchen facilities
- wooden house rooms for 2,4 or 6 ppl for 14 EUR / night / person plus local tax (roughly 1 EUR) – these rooms have bunk beds inside, and people staying here can use the sanitary facilities of the camping
- stone house rooms for 4 ppl for 16 EUR / night / person plus local tax (roughly 1 EUR) – these rooms share sanitary facilities inside the stone house
Please indicate on the registration sheet which type of accomodation and for how many days you prefer. Players will be sorted into these accomodations on a semi first come first serve basis, meaning that we would like to give priority to couples or families arriving together when it comes to the selection of more private rooms.
Very important: the price of the accomodation will be payable separately to the camping owner. Please go and find the owner in the pottery workshop between 5pm and 7pm on Saturday evening.
Food and beverages
All included in the players’ fee, players will receive the followings:
- a buffet breakfast including a hot drink on both tournament days, served from 7:15 AM in the Bognár Étterem, the located 600-800m from the campsite (5 min walk).
- lunch, in form of two sandwiches and a fruit on both tournament days, delivered to the course after the morning round on both days
- Water and snacks on tournament days
- and the traditional and by now classical Gulyás-leves (goulash soup) made on an open air fire on saturday evening at the campsite. We expect the soup to be ready around 19:00-19:30
For those arriving on Friday evening, we recommend a few restaurant options:
- Bognár Étterem (the breakfast place): all-you-can-eat buffet style dinner, 5 mins walk from the camp site
- Pajta Bisztró: an award winning restaurant serving limited sortiment of gourmet type food, handcrafted beer, very cool nature atmosphere, 15-20 min walk from the campsite
- Berek Fish Restaurant: a fish restaurant located in the neighbouring village, 5kms away from the camp site, serving typical Őrség beverages and a sortiment of sweet and salty water fish
Tournament fee, payment details
The tournament fee is 12.500,- HUF (equalling to roughly 38 EUR).
Unfortunately this year we will not have the “no food” option, and unfortunately we needed to increase the prices of the tournament a bit due to the increased price of agricultural works on the land (Őrség Open is held on an agricultural land, and we need to pay the farmers for mowing and cleaning the area). Your tournament fee will include: contribution to the tournament costs (tent rental, land works, etc.), contribution to 3PT costs, tournament prizes, food as mentioned above.
Account holder: Kanyon Disc Golf Sportegyesület
Bank name: Magnet Bank
As we have had problems with this last year, please make sure that we receive the exact HUF amount on this account. You can do this by:
- either indicating that you pay for the receiving bank costs when you give the transfer assignment to your bank, or
- use a 21st century money transfer application, such as www.transferwise.com and indicate that you would like the receiver to receive 12.500,- HUF
For the very first time in Őrség Open history, we will organize an official best shot doubles side event on Friday afternoon, for different divisions. Rules of the doubles are:
- there will be two divisions, a mixed (one female and one male player), and an open. The staring fee for doubles is 2 EUR / player, payable right at the start. Register and pay for doubles at the tournament tent at the course
- players may start their rounds from 12:30 until 17:45 on friday afternoon, last group teeing off at 17:45 (please note that sunset is around 20:30, so players starting after 6 may not be able to finish their rounds)
- pairs may not play alone, a valid group will require 2 or 3 pairs
- the total amount of starting fees collected will be paid out to the winners, with 30-30 EUR added cash to each division. The first 5 places will be awarded money prizes: 35% of pot goes to winner, 25% of pot to second place, 18% to 3rd, 13% to 2nd and 9% to 5th. These money prizes are not “official” prizes, they will not be reported to PDGA, hence they do not affect one’s am-pro status
from around 12:00 (but most likely already before that) the course will be ready for practice
12:30 – 17:45 Official Doubles, best shot, please sign up at the tournament tent
The course may also be practiced individually. Please use principles of courtesy and common sense in case of doubles players encountering individual practice players.
08:30 Players Meeting for the whole tournament, no more PM’s in regular rounds. Prize ceremony for the official doubles competition.
cca. 09:10 Tee-off Round 1
cca. 12:30 Lunch break, lunch is being brought to the tournament tent
cca. 13:30 score card pick up. The first person in each flight is responsible for both picking-up and returning the scores.
cca. 14:00 Tee-off Round 2, when we publish the flights for the second round, the exact starting time will also be announced
in the evening: friendly get together and Gulyás party at the campsite
08:30 score card pick up. The first person in each flight is responsible for both picking-up and returning the scores.
09:00 Tee-off Round 3
cca 12:20 lunch break, lunch is being brought to the site
cca. 13:30 Players’ meeting for the finals
cca 14:00 Finals – we will have a total of 9 flights for the finals, allowing 36 people to play. Preliminary numbers for final participants (may change depending on how many players register in each division): 28 MPO, 4 FPO, 2 MJ18, 2 FJ18
cca. 16:00 Prize ceremony
Contact the TD for any questions
Please contact the TD for any questions related to the tournament.
Dani Hatvani – firstname.lastname@example.org – +36307775610